Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The Fault in our Stars

So, this has a been a long time coming. I've not exactly been busy. Or maybe, I have. Sorry to have kept you nonexistent readers waiting.

Throughout the past year, I was kind of riled by all those newbie movie-watchers, making waves on my Facebook wall, having seemingly watched 'The Fault in Our Stars', with a score of weeping emoticons(duh!). I remembered seeing this image. I mentally told these people to muck off, and (as anyone reading this blog would do), got my hands on the book the movie was adapted from by a certain John Green(Yes! Such a guy does exist!). Aaaaaannnnnnd, I read it.

The book revolves around a couple of Cancer survivors(Or are they?), a book, and Life, the Universe and Everything(No, not 42.). Yeah, I did become kind of teary-eyed. But, hey, I get teary-eyed every SINGLE time I hear this song. I ain't no scale for 'teary-eye'ness measurement.

Bottomline : No, this won't make you look at the World through different eyes.(For that, you have to lay thine eyes upon these. Don't fret! Review on the way.). But, heck! Go read it. If not for anything, the "quirky"*, "sarcasm-laden"** lead-character point-of-view. If you haven't watched the movie(or film, if you prefer that), all the better.

Until next time!

* : As found on book-cover
** : Refer '*'.

No comments:

Post a Comment